Family medicine practitioners provide a wide range of medical services to patients of all ages. They are trained to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions, including acute illnesses, chronic diseases, and injuries. In addition to diagnosing and treating illness, family medicine practitioners also provide preventive care, such as vaccinations and health screenings.
Nihar Gala explains the most common types of medical roles and precoders that a medical practitioner must do on a regular basis. It is time to check them out so that you can have a clear idea if you want to pursue a career.
Common medical procedures performed by family medicine practitioners include:
● Acute Illness Treatment: Family medicine practitioners treat a variety of acute illnesses, such as colds, flu, and stomach viruses. They also treat more serious conditions, such as pneumonia and kidney infections.
● Chronic Disease Management: Family medicine practitioners manage chronic diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, and asthma. They work with patients to develop treatment plans that can help manage the disease and improve the patient’s quality of life.
● Injuries: Family medicine practitioners treat a variety of injuries, such as cuts, bruises, and broken bones. They also provide care for patients who have been injured in car accidents or other accidents.
● Preventive Care: Family medicine practitioners provide preventive care, such as vaccinations and health screenings. They also provide counseling on lifestyle choices, such as diet and exercise.
Additional medical duties performed by them:
● Family Planning: Family medicine practitioners provide family planning services, such as contraception counseling and fertility counseling.
● Mental Health: Family medicine practitioners provide mental health services, such as counseling and therapy.
● Pediatrics: Family medicine practitioners provide pediatric care, such as well-child visits and immunizations.
So, these were some of the common medical procedures performed by family medicine practitioners. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact a reputed physician like Nihar Gala.